Friday, February 22, 2008

Correct Zip Code is 76379

Hey guys!

In my haste to get an email out requesting cards to be sent to my mom for her birthday, I sent out the wrong zip code. Thus my desperation late on a Friday from home to try and get the correct information out to you.

The correct zip code is 76379 if you have not yet sent the card. I apologize for the wrong zip in the earlier email. Therefore her correct mailing address is

Mary Hajovsky
P.O. Box 2
Scotland Texas, 76379


I apologize for the error. If you already sent a card and it is returned, please resend it with the correct email.

To date my mom has already received 21 cards and is extremely excited.

Thanks

Erin

Here is the text of the original email:

In August of 2007 my mother was diagnosed with Stage 4 Small Cell lung Cancer. At the time, the doctors told her that she had approximately 3 months to live even with aggressive treatment. She immediately began treatment with using at times up to three different types of chemo. In November the prognosis indicated that her cancer had stopped growing but not yet begun to shrink. For lung cancer, this is actually looked at as a treatment failure because without treatment, the cancer spreads extremely fast. Fortunately, her doctor had heard of a clinical trial on a new form of chemo out of Japan and enrolled her into the program. She is one of only 16 people in the country in the trial. As of yesterday, she has two treatments left and the cancer has begun to shrink.Next Thursday, February 27th, 2008, will be my mother’s 54th birthday. When I spoke to her last night and asked her how she would like to celebrate it, she said that all she wanted was:1) a visit from me. 2) A million birthday cars. She asked me to spread the word to all of you and see how many birthday cards she can get for her birthday. Her specific words were “I know that I shouldn’t ask for such things as it might appear selfish, but if I don’t ask then I won’t get my wish. Please ask your co-workers and friends to send me a card, because I wasn’t suppose to make it this far.

No comments: